Friday, April 6, 2012

On: Strategic Agriculture


   Since I was young and got my first computer, a used model from my brother that had many quirks, I’ve been spending my sick days in the same way. I play Harvest Moon. Now, I’ll be the first to say I love fighting games and adventure games. However, when I was sick and my brother showed me how to play the game, I’ve always done so. Every time I’m sick and stuck at home, I play Harvest Moon. I’d love to play the original again. This isn’t in my to do list, so I’ll get around to getting the emulator and such, but for now, I can do without.
   Lying here, sick in bed, waiting to have to get up and leave for work and try to force myself through the day, I’ve got my Nintendo DS in hand. Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town. I’ve been ambling through this game for years. Now, since I tend to sleep sickness off, I haven’t played very much. But apparently when my head is fuzzy with medications, I am an excellent farmer. Quite wealthy, my wife and toddler want for nothing. However, when the fuck will that kid grow up some more? Jeez. I’m tired of having him scoot around, not talking yet, just pacing through my house. Regardless. The harvest sprites do all the work for me. All I have to do is run and take the crops I want to keep. My animals are all happy, healthy, prize winners. I'm well on my way to having that second house, and it's only year four. Well. I'm at about one out of one hundred million. But I get a good few thousand a day in winter just from my livestock. I'm set to buy a few more cows to amp up my earnings. I'm a master chef, pretty much made every recipe that doesn't involve the special crops I can only get by selling some thousands of other crops. I have a backstock of dresses and perfume for my wife in case I'm ever too busy to give her anything for a while. I'm working on getting the cursed tools right now. After all, winter is the time for that. This isn’t my first pick of games on a normal day, but on a day like this, when I’m conscious, I would never do without a bit of strategic agriculture. Feels good to be filthy rich, even if it is only in a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment